BodyBING Tanning + Sunless offers sunless tanning with our Airbrush service. Unlike a Mystic machine spraying you with sunless solution, we have a trained and experienced professional with an airbrush unit giving you a nice even tan all around.
Call now 586.884.6020 to reserve a time and please be absolutely sure you want an airbrush tan when booking. Please take in to consideration our airbrush tech is on call and same day appointments are a little harder to schedule, but we will try our best.
F.A.Q. – Common Sunless Questions
1.Q: How long will my tan last?
A: Results may vary, but generally a sunless tan will last between 4-10 days. This depends on your skin type, how quickly your body naturally sheds its skin cells, and how you care for it.
2.Q: Will I turn orange or get too dark?
A: No. You will not turn orange or get too dark. Our products are uniquely formulated to work with your natural skin tone so your tan develops to match that of a natural tan.
3.Q: Will my tan be uneven or blotchy?
A: No. As long as you properly follow our simple before and after instructions, then your tan will come out flawless.
4.Q: Can I get a spray tan during pregnancy?
A: Yes. All of our ingredients have no known toxicity. Sunless tans only work upon the uppermost layers of the skin and cannot get into the bloodstream from normal application; however, be aware that hormonal changes during pregnancy may affect the development of the tan. Do not apply to the breast area if breastfeeding.
5. Please read this article on spray tans and your menstrual cycle, CLICK HERE.
6.Q: My spray tans are usually fabulous but the last one was blotchy even though I exfoliated and did not apply moisturizer. What went wrong?
A: The way your spray tan develops is influenced by the pH balance of your skin, which in turn, is influenced by many factors. Certain foods such as sardines can affect the pH balance of your skin, as can the ‘time of month’ and certain medications (particularly antidepressants). This pH imbalance affects the way in which the DHA reacts with your skin and for no apparent reason you can get a dodgy tan. Have you used a product containing AHAs (alpha hydroxy acids)? An anti aging chemical can ruin your tan.
1. BodyBing Original Solution – $40: Organic, fades like a natural tan and gives a nice glow. Doesn’t turn you orange, must wait 8 hours or more before your first shower (warm water rinse).
2. Express Solution – $50: Have an event in a few hours and need a quick tan just in time? Our Express lets you dry at a faster time before your first shower (warm water rinse)! For a few more dollars this Mediterranean color will not turn you orange and won’t stain your clothes. YOU can choose which shade of darkness you want to be. (1 hour for light, 2 hours for medium and 3 hours for dark). For fair skin we recommend 1 to 2 hours.
It’s hypoallergenic, oil free and alcohol free. Plus it’s non sticky and designed for women and men!
CALL NOW to set up your appointment today! 586.884.6020
(Also check our deals tab above often for specials.)
To inquire about a bridal party package contact us here.
Click the photo to enlarge.
TIPS AND RULES TO FOLLOW BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT :
1. Shave and Exfoliate your face and body the night before or day of your tan. (Can’t stress enough to exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate!) If you forget to exfoliate we do offer a ph balanced exfoliating mitt available for $7 that use can use prior to your session.
2. Do not have lotion or oily residue on your skin the day of your tan. Remove makeup and deodorants prior to your tan. We also have facial cleansers/pre conditioners available for $1.
3. Make sure to get manicures, pedicures, or spa treatments before your appointment, and arrive for your tan without any oily residue or lotion on your skin.
4. Bring your swimsuit, underwear, or other garments to wear during your session. Your garments will get spray on them, so please wear items that you do not mind getting bronzer on. Many of our clients choose to tan topless to minimize tan lines. Our staff is professional and discreet, and will do everything we can to make you feel comfortable during your session.
5. Be sure to bring loose fitting, darker colored clothing and flip-flops to wear after your session. Tight clothing can rub off the bronzer and create streaking.
6. DO NOT GET WET for at least 6 to 8 hours after your appointment (Unless you were sprayed with EXPRESS). You must not SWEAT, SHOWER, GET RAINED ON, or SWIM. If you get wet, it can halt the DHA development process and cause streaking. We recommend not showering for 6-8 hours for best results (Unless you were sprayed with EXPRESS).
——After your Airbrush Tan from BodyBing Tanning
7. Unless we spray you with one of our clear formulas, you will notice ‘brown’ running down the drain during your first shower. This is normal…it is the cosmetic “instant bronze” color washing away as it is designed to do, leaving you with a beautiful bronze glow underneath!
8. Be sure to MOISTURIZE after your first shower! 🙂
The key to a beautiful, long lasting tan is super-moist skin. We carry a great selection of tan extending moisturizers and can recommend a product specifically for your skin type. A sunless and UV favorite is from Devoted Creations called Crown of Gold. This has a little bit of DHA that can completely extended the life of your sunless or base tan to keep that color going!
*Tips are greatly appreciated.
**Men, we ask that when you get an airbrush procedure you are to keep your bottoms on.
“The airbrushing gave me the perfect bridal glow for my wedding! I am very fair skinned, and was initially nervous to try it, but I am so thankful that I did. My tan looked completely natural, and made me picture perfect :)” – Bonnie R.
“My sister and I both got airbrush tan from Bodybing Tanning for when we stood up in a wedding this fall. My sister had been tanning all summer and was a lot more tan than me, so I was nervous I’d look pale next to her. The airbrush turned out great…we both looked like we had been on the same warm vacation and looked great in the photos!” – Amy W.
“A day before my wedding my wife and I both got airbrushed spray tanning at Body Bing. Two words to describe the final outcome… incredibly awesome!!!” – Anthony D.
“We loved the spray tan! Looked really natural and faded without lines…I’d say it lasted 5 days solid. We will do it again for sure.” Jay B. and Jill Y.