General Tanning Tips
How long does it take to see results from a tanning bed?
- Use a high quality tanning lotion to maximize your skins hydration to build a better tan.
- Avoid burning by not going the maximum minutes until you have established a tan.
- Wear goggles while in the tanning bed.
- Wait at least 48 hours in between tanning sessions.
- Use a tan extender after tanning.
- Tan in moderation and be responsible about tanning.
Generally, you will begin to notice results after a few tanning sessions, but it may take several weeks of regular tanning (about 3 times a week) to acquire a good tan. If you are developing a base tan before going on vacation, please start tanning three to four weeks
before you are scheduled to leave, in which purchasing a month package makes the most sense.
Myth: Showering right after tanning in a UV bed washes the tan away, Truth: The full process of tanning takes 24-48 hours, but a shower won’t wash away your tan. When tanning, the melanocyte cells are activated by the UV light, which then initiates the production of melanin, the pigment in your skin. The only time we recommend to not shower until 4 hours after your tan is, when you have used a tanning lotion that contains bronzer.
Lastly, How quickly does a tan fade?
A suntan begins to fade within seven to 14 days. The sun exposure stimulates the outer layer of skin cells to produce pigment, which is the cause of the tan. Skin cells normally shed every two weeks, and as they are shed, so is the pigment.